Laptop battery died during installation. Dual boot.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
blackplague1347
Level 1
Level 1

Laptop battery died during installation. Dual boot.

Postby blackplague1347 » Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:51 pm

Hello everyone. I'm trying to install UberStudent alongside Mint and like an idiot, while I was installing UberStudent, I left my laptop unplugged. A little under 50% of the way through the process, my laptop died.

What can I do to fix this problem? I rebooted with the UberStudent Live CD and started the install process again, but apparently it had already created a partition on my disk, so now there's a big chunk of my hard drive with a semi-installed OS on it.

Should I:
A) Re-install Mint, using the entire partition
B) Use GParted to delete my UberStudent partition and give it all to Mint again
C) Other

Keep in mind that I don't really know how to use GParted, as I've never done it before. I'm assuming I can delete the UberStudent partition, reboot with the Live CD, then tell it to use the unoccupied space when I re-install?

I'm quite noob, so take it easy on me >_>

*puts up flame shield just in case*

JasonLG
Level 7
Level 7

Re: Laptop battery died during installation. Dual boot.

Postby JasonLG » Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:34 am

blackplague1347 wrote:I'm assuming I can delete the UberStudent partition, reboot with the Live CD, then tell it to use the unoccupied space when I re-install?

You assume correctly.
"I see" said the blind man to the deaf man who stuck his wooden leg out the window to check the weather.

blackplague1347
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Laptop battery died during installation. Dual boot.

Postby blackplague1347 » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:35 am

JasonLG wrote:
blackplague1347 wrote:I'm assuming I can delete the UberStudent partition, reboot with the Live CD, then tell it to use the unoccupied space when I re-install?

You assume correctly.

Oh. Well, simple enough then, I suppose.

I guess I'll give a shot and if it doesn't work, I'll undoubtedly be back. Thanks!

Return to “Installation & Boot”