New install from usb

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
onetaz61

New install from usb

Post by onetaz61 »

Hi I am trying to install Linux mint on a new build desktop from a usb. The hard drive is new and has nothing on it. I downloaded the file as ISO to my usb. When I insert the usb and start up the desktop I get to the Hardware Monitor page then it stalls and goes no further. I have the BIOS set to boot from usb and the usb is being read by the desktop. Is there a step I missed during the download or before inserting the usb? I have only used windows before and I realy want to get away from it!
Cher
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: New install from usb

Post by remoulder »

You don't copy the iso to a usb driver, you must create a bootable drive. See http://www.pendrivelinux.com/run-linux- ... ash-drive/
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

Return to “Installation & Boot”