Upgrading

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
robert1

Upgrading

Post by robert1 »

I am using Mint 10 but would like to try the 201104 version, I have a disk but my cdrom is kaput at the moment, is there a way of upgrading using the terminal, and if so can someone be kind enough and supply me with the correct command.

Thanks.

PS... Are there any members using the latest version, if so, what is it like?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Upgrading

Post by viking777 »

Are there any members using the latest version, if so, what is it like?
Just wanted to make sure you know that what you have is not the successor to Mint 10, that hasn't been released yet. The file you have is an Xfce version of the rolling release LMDE and thus very different to Mint 10. It will be possible to upgrade Mint 10 to Mint 11, when it is released and Clem usually includes instructions on how to do it, but I doubt very much if it is possible to successfully upgrade from Mint 10 to LMDE Xfce they are just too different.

Wait until Mint 11 is released.
robert1

Re: Upgrading

Post by robert1 »

Thanks V, everyone always told me that I always tried to run before I could walk, must learn to have more patience.

Anyway I am that chuffed with Mint 10 might not bother upgrading.

Thanks again.

regards Bob

Return to “Installation & Boot”