Mint Torrents

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Mint Torrents

Post by Oscar799 »

We have a new tracker site
http://torrents.linuxmint.com/index.php
All available versions of Mint 11 and 12 are there

Edit: Mint 13 and 14 are there too
vrkalak

Re: Mint 11 Torrents

Post by vrkalak »

Coolness. :D

I always download my .ISO files via torrent. Usually faster and more secure. Even if I lose the connection, the download will resume.

Glad to hear, that LinuxMint now, has it's own torrent site.
randomizer

Post by randomizer »

vrkalak wrote:Coolness. :D

I always download my .ISO files via torrent. Usually faster and more secure. Even if I lose the connection, the download will resume.

Glad to hear, that LinuxMint now, has it's own torrent site.
I like torrents as well. I don't run the risk of downloading a few GB and then find that a slight connection issue halfway through has ruined the ISO's integrity, forcing another complete download.
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

If anyone is interested, I could as well add eMule mirrors for the non-LMDE distributions. eMule is still nice, up and kicking, also it has search functionality. You can never have enough mirrors, can you? :)
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

Thanks for the feedback. Added Main Edition for now. :)
Uchiha_Kori

Post by Uchiha_Kori »

I agree with the above. As a Chrome user, when my browser shuts down, I loose my downloads. With torrents, I can halt then resume my downloads as often as needed. This is a great convenience.
jbh911
Level 4
Level 4

Post by jbh911 »

Torrents sound great. How do you setup Mint 11 or any distro to make use of Torrent?

Cheers John :)
shibu2all

Re: Mint 11,12 Torrents

Post by shibu2all »

can u plz update the torrent link for linux mint 12, DVD version((with codecs)) plzzzz
Oscar799
Level 20
Level 20

Post by Oscar799 »

shibu2all wrote:can u plz update the torrent link for linux mint 12, DVD version((with codecs)) plzzzz
Both the 32bit and 64bit DVDs are there - last one on page 1 and 1st one on page 2
delinquent
Level 1
Level 1

Post by delinquent »

I downloaded twice what supposed to be linux mint 12 dvd for 64bit from the links you provided. both iso files were eventually mint11. what is going on? according to m5dsum I get the same as what was published on the site.
delinquent
Level 1
Level 1

Post by delinquent »

I downloaded twice what supposed to be linux mint 12 dvd for 64bit from the links you provided. both iso files were eventually mint11. what is going on? according to m5dsum I get the same as what was published on the site.
The new tracker you've provided is very slow.
548f0ac303fea840ef138e5669880a74 is not mint 12 checksum as published - it's mint 11 !
mtbkrdave

Post by mtbkrdave »

I also downloaded the torrent labeled as Linux Mint 12, 64-bit DVD ISO...

http://torrents.linuxmint.com/torrents/ ... so.torrent

The downloaded ISO file is indeed named "linuxmint-12-gnome-dvd-64bit.iso" but after installation, running `lsb-release -a` returns:

Code: Select all

david@desktop ~ $ lsb_release -a
No LSB modules are available.
Distributor ID:	LinuxMint
Description:	Linux Mint 11 Katya
Release:	11
Codename:	katya
Additionally:

Code: Select all

david@desktop ~ $ uname -r
2.6.38-8-generic
Before I get too much farther into setting up this desktop, installing software and restoring my backups, I need to know whether this error is in the version reporting, or in the torrent file... Should I download a new LM12 ISO directly from a mirror instead?

Thanks,
mtbkrdave
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

You can get the proper torrent for Mint 12 from http://www.linuxmint.com/download.php
I downloaded the 64-bit version with codecs from there, it's fine. Also dl'd 32-bit DVD but not yet tested it on any computer so far.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
JediMikeScripts

Re: Mint 11,12,13 Torrents

Post by JediMikeScripts »

Yeah I also prefer to download the ISO from torrents. I have been hosting both 12 and 13 on my server and I am always surprised on how much I have uploaded.
SC23

Re: Mint Torrents

Post by SC23 »

I have to say I have never played with torrents before but I gave the links a whirl from the downloads page since I wanted to try the different flavors in Virtualbox. My crappy internet usually only gets like 80k or so..100k if Im lucky on downloads.. Across the 3 ISOs I got by torrent I averaged around 380k on the downloads. Very happily surprised. And they all ran like champs in Virtualbox. It also feels nice to see the uploading going on while I was grabbing them and knowing I was helping someone else out.
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

The Mint 15 Kad mirror is kicking well too. :)
Saad saad

Post by Saad saad »

I got the file Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" - MATE no-codecs (32-bit) and Linux Mint 14 "Nadia" - MATE (32-bit) from the link:http://www.linuxmint.com/edition.php?id=123
Several times When you check the files with disk utiliyt:
Name : Linux Mint 14 MA
Type : Volume
Disk Identifier : disk2
Mount Point : Not mounted
File System : ISO 9660
Device Tree : IODeviceTree:/
Writable : No
Capacity : 1.01 GB (1,012,924,416 Bytes)
Owners Enabled : No
Can Turn Owners Off : No
Can Be Formatted : No
Bootable : No
Supports Journaling : No
Journaled : No
Disk Number : 2
Partition Number : 1

Shows that the file is not bootable
Even after the burn on CD nothing the pc not boot from the CD
AlbertP
Level 16
Level 16

Post by AlbertP »

It seems like you have a damaged copy of the file. If you downloaded by torrent, it should be possible to verify local data in your torrent program; otherwise you can download Mint again.

You could also use md5sum to know if your download is corrupted.
Registered Linux User #528502
Feel free to correct me if I'm trying to write in Spanish, French or German.
Bikk

Post by Bikk »

/dev/urandom wrote:If anyone is interested, I could as well add eMule mirrors for the non-LMDE distributions. eMule is still nice, up and kicking, also it has search functionality. You can never have enough mirrors, can you? :)

I thought they shut down eMule years ago.... It's still up and running?
/dev/urandom

Post by /dev/urandom »

eMule (well, Kad2, also supported by aMule on Mint) can't be shut down, even its search functionality is decentral.

Latest eMule source code is from December 2013.

Return to “Installation & Boot”