Finally installed!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mosslack

Finally installed!

Post by mosslack »

After several attempts, I was finally able to get Linux Mint installed... er at least I think it is Linux Mint. The reason I say this is because after reading all the nightmare posts on problems installing I too had many, many problems with the installer. Simply put, unless you let it install to the MBR you might as well forget it. Ubuntu was the same for me so I knew what I had to do. Using the alternate Ubuntu installer CD I went in and installed Lilo onto the root partition. Of course this installed the base system for Ubuntu as well, so I am currently running a hybrid Ubuntu/Mint install. After much reading about the installer I realize this is Ubuntu issue, so I plan to do some complaining on the Ubuntu forums about this as well. My question is this, is there an easier way to install grub or lilo to the root partition for Mint or Ubuntu? For those of us who run several different OSes on their systems, it would be a pleasant change to have something be easy for a change when it comes to Linux.

Just a message from Doug...
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
merlwiz79
Level 8
Level 8

Re: Finally installed!

Post by merlwiz79 »

It is the last stage before the installation.
Hit the advanced to change where to install it.
Here is a guide to install lilo from the Live CD:
http://linuxmint.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=8535

Return to “Installation & Boot”