RC 12 Mint panels and inons

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
rek
Level 1
Level 1

RC 12 Mint panels and inons

Post by rek »

Installed RC12 just fine, when I installed my video driver and rebooted,the top and bottom panels got colored blotches and many icons became unidentifiable.Every thing works fine but I have to guess what I'm doing. Can anyone tell me how to replace the top and bottom panels? Need explicit instructions, not too sharp. Thanks-REK
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: RC 12 Mint panels and inons

Post by remoulder »

Bugs in the RC should be reported at https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.
aelfinn

Re: RC 12 Mint panels and icons

Post by aelfinn »

remoulder wrote:Bugs in the RC should be reported at https://bugs.launchpad.net/linuxmint
Could you have been any less helpful? Plus, this could have been a machine- or user-specific rainbows-up. No way to know yet whether this is even remotely likely to be a bug. And yet you send someone over to launchpad on his own who explicitly said he needed instructions and was inexperienced.
epix4g

Post by epix4g »

I bet u have a ati video card .... go back open source video drivers .... ati is just horrible on my dell lappy ...

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk
bengateau

Post by bengateau »

Hi rek,

I also had a problem when I installed Nvidia proprietary driver. Deactivate it (same place where you activated it) and wait for the Final Release if you really want to use their driver.

Cheers, Ben
grumpyoldman

Post by grumpyoldman »

Ditto for me. Just have to wait I'm afraid. Not long to go.

Return to “Installation & Boot”