mint 12 Rc checksum

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
minitrucker

mint 12 Rc checksum

Post by minitrucker »

I've tried a torrent of 12 RC and the USA Linux Freedom mirror on linuxmint.com. I got the same checksum list with those two and they didn't check out. I installed the torrent on my flash drive using Unetbootin and got "missing operating system" error when I tried it out. Haven't tried the the DL from the site yet. Any ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
minitrucker

Re: mint 12 Rc checksum

Post by minitrucker »

So I was looking at the wrong checksums....... sorry. So the new story is both md5 check out. Which makes the situation more perplexing to me.
conslie

Post by conslie »

minitrucker

Post by minitrucker »

Thank You for the attempt but sorry, no, that was of no help to me. I have absolutely no windows on this computer. I was trying to install mint 12 using unetbootin. Although now that I just thought about it, I may have had the usb formatted to ext for some reason..... I'll check that and try again...
rsys

Post by rsys »

Please check the filesystem type for your flashdrive, this happen to me once but after I check I use NTFS filesystem, so I re-format my flashdrive to FAT32
minitrucker

Post by minitrucker »

It was drive formatting! epic facepalm! I don't see the big problems that everybody else is seeing..... I only surfed for about 10 min though

Return to “Installation & Boot”