Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
CodyZ
Level 1
Level 1

Install Won't go past the 5th Step

Postby CodyZ » Wed Jan 31, 2007 10:27 pm

I freed up some space on my Compaq Presario 2232us laptop, it's got a 40gig HD of which I've got about 13 gigs free and I'm trying to install mint 2.1 in my free space and run a dual boot until I can completely get rid of windows. However, when I get to the 5th step of the install, the repartitioning step, I select repartition the drive and I move the slider to create a new 10gb partition. When I hit the next button to go to step 6, the mouse pointer turns into an hourglass and nothing happens. The system isn't unresponsive, I can open other windows and such, just the installation wizard is busy. The weird thing is neither the cd drive nor the HD are spinning while this is happening. I checked the MD5 before I burned the ISO so I'm fairly certain I have a good burn. What can I do? Should I be using a different option like "use largest continuous free space" instead of the repartition hda1?

Thanks!

clem
Level 15
Level 15

Postby clem » Thu Feb 01, 2007 8:37 am

Hi Codyz,

Bianca beta 014 was released today, I can only recommend to give it a try. Ubuntu has been working at improving Ubiquity (the installer) between our releases of Bea and Bianca (I know that cause it broke some of my stuff.. :)) and there's a possibility they might have made your problem disappear.

Clem

Return to “Installation & Boot”