HELP!

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Razor23259

HELP!

Post by Razor23259 »

Okay, forum, I don't often ask for help, but this time I have messed up BAD. And I need your help.

Okay, my laptop is dual-partitioned at Linux Mint 11, and Kubuntu. Mint is my main, Kubuntu is just for fun, I guess. Anyway, I woke up this morning with the intention of fixing my computer for good, since Kubuntu sucks (not a fanboy, just... nothing worked right). My plan was to delete Kubuntu, Install Windows XP, swap all my files temporarily to the Windows partition, and upgrade Mint 11 to Mint 12, and my computer would be complete.

But... I forgot that Kubuntu held the primary GRUB loader. So... now, Mint 11 won't boot, with ALL my files. And, to top it off, the USB loaded with XP failed to work -___-

My computer is useless now3. PLease, anyone help me. I reeeaaallly don't want to lose all my files.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: HELP!

Post by xenopeek »

No worries. Do you have a Linux Mint 11 installation CD/DVD/USB? Boot from that, you will need a network connection also (so if wifi doesn't work from the Live session, prepare to fetch the old network cable...). Then install Ubuntu Boot Repair, and use that to reinstall GRUB2 and select the default OS to boot and such. https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Boot- ... _in_Ubuntu

Return to “Installation & Boot”