How to remove dual boot W7 and Ubunutu 11.10

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
slythecooper

How to remove dual boot W7 and Ubunutu 11.10

Post by slythecooper »

Ok Guys here is the overview.

I have a laptop that came with w7 pre installed. I tried to dual boot ubuntu, but something went wrong and windows boot manager got replaced with GRUB. I have 3 Partitions. One ext3 or ext4 (im not sure which) and the other 2 ntfs (for windows) And i think there is even one filessystem boot. Ok so my question is how do i replace both of the operating systems with linux mint (i only want to run mint)

Thanks

slythecooper
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: How to remove dual boot W7 and Ubunutu 11.10

Post by viking777 »

Nothing went wrong with your Ubuntu install, Linux always overwrites Windows boot loader (and vice versa) it has to or it wouldn't be able to boot.

As to how you install Mint, well that is pretty easy, you just shove the live cd in the tray, boot up, select install and when you get the screen with a choice of where to install, choose - "erase disk and install Mint" - it will all be done for you.

If you have already installed ubuntu before, the mint installer will be quite familiar to you, if you want any more information have a look at this site:

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/GraphicalInstall

Return to “Installation & Boot”