root 100%; edit partitioning

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
leftil12

root 100%; edit partitioning

Post by leftil12 »

Hi,

i have no idea why the root became 100% occupied, even though during the installation of LMDE i followed the instructions and using GRUB allocated 10G. running

Code: Select all

apt-get autoremove
cleaned about 20%. my question is if there is anyway to clean the rest, or as much as possible? is it possible to use again partition editor GRUB as during the installation? right no i have ~1.4G free space in the root: is it enough if i try to install TexLive2011 for example?

thanks, and have a nice day
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Aging Technogeek

Re: root 100%; edit partitioning

Post by Aging Technogeek »

Try

sudo apt-get clean
This will clear /var/cache/apt/archives of the copies of all installed programs. If this has never been done since the OS was installed, you could see several hundred Megabytes of space freed up.
usbtux

Re: root 100%; edit partitioning

Post by usbtux »

Aging Technogeek wrote:Try

sudo apt-get clean
This will clear /var/cache/apt/archives of the copies of all installed programs. If this has never been done since the OS was installed, you could see several hundred Megabytes of space freed up.
beat me to it :lol:

Also you could install ubuntu tweak http://ubuntu-tweak.com/ and run the janitor bit.

Return to “Installation & Boot”