Installer crashing.

Questions about Grub, UEFI,the liveCD and the installer
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
miteymitey

Installer crashing.

Post by miteymitey »

OK, I tried to install Linux Mint 12 Lisa 64 bit. At first all appeared to be going well, then at the end I got a message that the grub boot loader couldn't be installed to the directed path. So, I started over and re-directed the boot loader to a new destination. Got the same message. Then I went back to try to figure out what happened, tried the installation again and now, every time I try the installation I get a message that the installer has crashed and, of course, the installation failed.
I don't know what the installer accomplished or didn't accomplish, but it has turned my desktop PC into a very expensive paper weight. I can't access either of my two Windows drives (XP and 7 Pro). The only thing I can access is the Linux Mint Live program, with the disk in the Optical drive. While I would very much like to get Linux Mint installed, my primary concern at this point is getting my Windows OS's back up and running. Any Ideas?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
kasi

Re: Installer crashing.

Post by kasi »

Use the restore tool from the Win7 Setup disk or install Ubuntu which will also reinstall GRUB and gives you access to your windows partitions again

Return to “Installation & Boot”