the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run it?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
charroo
Level 3
Level 3

the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run it?

Postby charroo » Wed Oct 11, 2017 4:10 pm

hopeless because i could not succeeded at installing LAMP etc...

either on the pi or on mint.

:?:

thanks

charroo
Level 3
Level 3

Re: the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run

Postby charroo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:22 am

currently i still have it on the web.
but soon my shared hosting will end.

i want it offline only--this way i can get what i want from it to add to my new blog on Blogger.

administrollaattori
Level 12
Level 12

Re: the only way to browse my wordpress site offline is by having a complicated installation of what is necessary to run

Postby administrollaattori » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:30 am

charroo wrote:currently i still have it on the web.
but soon my shared hosting will end.

i want it offline only--this way i can get what i want from it to add to my new blog on Blogger.

If you want to make an offline installation to your computer, you should have all databases from your site. Probably easier to make new (offline) site onto your computer using LAMP or XAMPP. :wink:

charroo
Level 3
Level 3

Postby charroo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:20 pm

Probably easier to make new (offline) site onto your computer using LAMP or XAMPP. :wink:

so if i understand you right, you're saying that i need to install either of them? it's mandatory
do i need anything but the updraft plus full backup? or do i need the database separately?

when i've tried to install LAMP i couldn't succeed.

administrollaattori
Level 12
Level 12

Postby administrollaattori » Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:35 pm

charroo wrote:
Probably easier to make new (offline) site onto your computer using LAMP or XAMPP. :wink:

so if i understand you right, you're saying that i need to install either of them? it's mandatory
do i need anything but the updraft plus full backup? or do i need the database separately?

when i've tried to install LAMP i couldn't succeed.

You cannot run wordpress without server.

https://help.ubuntu.com/lts/serverguide/wordpress.html

charroo
Level 3
Level 3

Postby charroo » Thu Oct 12, 2017 4:59 pm

ok

thanks

but why does lamp isn't very simple to install?

Return to “Software & Applications”