Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
momist
Level 3
Level 3

Spellcheck in Thunderbird

Post by momist » Wed Feb 06, 2019 6:34 am

Hi everyone. I'm now using Thunderbird 60.4.0 (64-bit), and have suddenly found that the spellcheck has gone a bit strange. I have the English (United Kingdom) language set loaded, which has worked fine for years, but suddenly I get loads of new errors flagged which are not errors at all. It seems that the spell checker no long will accept plurals or different tenses of almost anything. The base words are all OK, but not any derivatives? Does anyone know how I can get around this?
BTW, spellcheck works fine in my browsers, and in other documents.
TIA
momist : a follower of the Greek god Momer.

cliffcoggin
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Spellcheck in Thunderbird

Post by cliffcoggin » Wed Feb 06, 2019 7:48 am

I have the same problem and I I have not found a solution yet. I know it is related to the latest version of Thunderbird though I don't recall the details off hand. Many extensions also no longer work.
Cliff Coggin
Mint 18.3 Cinnamon

jgh
Level 1
Level 1

Post by jgh » Wed Feb 06, 2019 5:36 pm

Looking from Thunderbird, into the British English Dictionary Add on, if I read correctly, the latest version (2.69 - dated 1 Feb 2019) requires Thunderbird "60.5+ ESR", with comments from the developer that it is now a 'Web Extension' that needs at least T'bird 60.5; and that Mozilla triggered updates to the speller faster than the trigger of Thunderbird... and that update of Thunderbird to 60.5 fixes the issue...

Jeremy

momist
Level 3
Level 3

Post by momist » Mon Feb 11, 2019 6:06 am

Thanks Jeremy.
momist : a follower of the Greek god Momer.

Return to “Software & Applications”