Is There a Way to Integrate Office 365/Web with Nemo?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Kendoori
Level 5
Level 5

Is There a Way to Integrate Office 365/Web with Nemo?

Post by Kendoori »

Please no MS hate, or suggestion to use Libre Office :-)

Is there a way to create an "Open With" for Office documents (e.g. PowerPoint) that will open the file in Office/Windows 365 in a browser (e.g. Chrome or Firefox)?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mikeflan
Level 17
Level 17

Re: Is There a Way to Integrate Office 365/Web with Nemo?

Post by mikeflan »

Is there a way to create an "Open With" for Office documents (e.g. PowerPoint) that will open the file in Office/Windows 365 in a browser
No. I'm assuming you mean to open a file that is on your system hard drive and have it open in Office/Windows 365 in a browser.
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

@Kendoori You would have to create a custom Nemo action.
I don't know how to do it but frequent poster and Mint contributor smurphos can help.
Here are some custom Nemo actions by Smurphos https://github.com/smurphos/nemo_action ... on_scripts
You would have to look at the source code of some of these actions and imitate them to do what you want (I guess it would be something like "open this with Wine and Office...")
DAMIEN1307

Post by DAMIEN1307 »

I don't know how to do it but frequent poster and Mint contributor smurphos can help.
Smurphos has not been seen here in the forums for many, many, many, months now...Don't quite know how he can help...He is missing in action...Not sure what has happened to him...DAMIEN

Edit...He has not been seen at his github either since his last commitment on (@smurphos
smurphos committed on Aug 9, 2020)
spamegg
Level 14
Level 14

Post by spamegg »

He is missing in action...Not sure what has happened to him
That's a shame. I'm actually using his custom Mint themes right now! (Mint-Y-Dark-VBB) Hope he's OK.
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Post by AZgl1800 »

DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:50 am
Smurphos has not been seen here in the forums for many, many, many, months now...Don't quite know how he can help...He is missing in action...Not sure what has happened to him...DAMIEN

Edit...He has not been seen at his github either since his last commitment on (@smurphos
I looked for him a while back, he is very knowledgeable and willing to help,
but I am scared that covid may have diverted him permanently??
LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
absque fenestris
Level 12
Level 12

Post by absque fenestris »

AZgl1500 wrote: Sun May 16, 2021 3:43 am
DAMIEN1307 wrote: Sat May 15, 2021 2:50 am

I looked for him a while back, he is very knowledgeable and willing to help,
but I am scared that covid may have diverted him permanently??
Yes, I would also have liked to be further enlightened by Smurphos - together with AZgl1500

Especially on Christmas Eve

Return to “Software & Applications”