[SOLVED] Read Access Database?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

[SOLVED] Read Access Database?

Post by wallyUSA »

Is there a way to read an Access DB in Mint Cinnamon? Read only in a single table db.

TIA
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

Dell Latitude 7490 Mint 21.3 Ker 5.15.0-105 Cinn 6.0.4
AZgl1800
Level 20
Level 20
Location: Oklahoma where the wind comes Sweeping down the Plains

Re: Read Access Database?

Post by AZgl1800 »

Nope.

My daughter uses ACCESS for her job, I have tried and tried to get something in Linux to work.
nothing does. she wants to get away from Win10 'now'... but can't.

I even bought CrossOver by CodeWeaver and successfully installed all of MS Office Pro including ACCESS, but Access won't boot up.

talked to CodeWeaver tech and he said "nothing we can do, sorry".

LM21.3 Cinnamon ASUS FX705GM | Donate to Mint https://www.patreon.com/linux_mint
BenTrabetere
Level 7
Level 7

Post by BenTrabetere »

I agree with AZgl1500. That said, I had some luck using KEXI to work on/with some of my personal Access DBs, with a strong emphasis on some. This was some time ago, and they were not a very complex DBs - a half-dozen linked tables, a couple of forms, and a few queries/reports. I recall having fits with the links, the forms were FUBAR, and the queries had to be reworked; BUT, I was able to read the tables, which made it easier to rewrite those DBs in LO Base.
Patreon sponsor since August 2022
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RIH »

You could try this..
I have never used it, but it is free, so worth a try...
wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

BenTrabetere wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 8:56 pm I agree with AZgl1500. That said, I had some luck using KEXI to work on/with some of my personal Access DBs, with a strong emphasis on some. This was some time ago, and they were not a very complex DBs - a half-dozen linked tables, a couple of forms, and a few queries/reports. I recall having fits with the links, the forms were FUBAR, and the queries had to be reworked; BUT, I was able to read the tables, which made it easier to rewrite those DBs in LO Base.
Hey Ben,

I saved the my *.accdb (on win10) as a *.mdb and then KEXI would open it in Mint!

TY
> If your query has been resolved, edit your original post and add <SOLVED> to the beginning of the subject line. This may help others find solutions. <

wallyUSA
Level 6
Level 6

Post by wallyUSA »

RIH wrote: Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:50 pm You could try this..
I have never used it, but it is free, so worth a try...
Thanks, this did work. Quick & easy!

Return to “Software & Applications”