(SOLVED) How can I view the data on a usb drive?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
ilikesteel
Level 2
Level 2

(SOLVED) How can I view the data on a usb drive?

Post by ilikesteel »

Hi everyone. I'm not sure this is the right forum for my question, but I'll start here. running mint 20.1. I have a USB drive that I don't know what's on it. It could have music files, photos, etc. I connect to PC, the PC acknowledges it was connected. How do I look at what's on the USB? I know it's a simple question, I hope the answer will be as simple.

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Re: How can I view the data on a usb drive?

Post by Moem »

Open the file manager and open the USB stick there (it shound be shown as a mounted device).

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

I connect to PC, the PC acknowledges it was connected.
Look under Devices in the left-hand pane of your file manager (Nemo, Thunar, Caja)
Normally will be at or near the bottom of the listed devices
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
ilikesteel
Level 2
Level 2

Post by ilikesteel »

Akk41 and Moem,

I tried another USB flash drive and it does appear in nome file manager. perhaps the disk is defective. I did look at the data on the flash drive. Thanks for the quick responses. I should have tried that first, I have four flash drives I want to see what's on them.

Thanks Again!!

Return to “Software & Applications”