Repository update Evolution to 3.42

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
harry_fine
Level 2
Level 2

Repository update Evolution to 3.42

Post by harry_fine »

I notice that Evolution 3.42 has been our for a while, and the Mint repositories are on 3.3.6. The Flatpak is on 3.42.

Anyone know if there is a PPA for Ubuntu/Mint so that I can have the most up to date package. Email is one of those important things that I usually break my "no PPA" rule for.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
PaulAtreidis

Re: Repository update Evolution to 3.42

Post by PaulAtreidis »

harry_fine wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:50 pm I notice that Evolution 3.42 has been our for a while, and the Mint repositories are on 3.3.6. The Flatpak is on 3.42.

Anyone know if there is a PPA for Ubuntu/Mint so that I can have the most up to date package. Email is one of those important things that I usually break my "no PPA" rule for.
I found this:
https://packages.ubuntu.com/search?keywords=evolution
"Jammy" offers 3.42.3-1
harry_fine
Level 2
Level 2

Post by harry_fine »

Didn't see a ppa there.
alanj2
Level 1
Level 1

Post by alanj2 »

Any update to this?

I'd also like to upgrade Evolution to 3.42 as I am now getting big red error messages when using Evolution.

"Invalid request URI or header, or unsupported nonstandard parameter: Contacts API is being deprecated. Migrate to People API to retain programmatic access to Google Contacts. See https://developers.google.com/people/co ... -migration."

This is apparently fixed in 3.42 so would be nice if Mint provided it or an easy way to upgrade.

Thx
Alan
lafontaj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lafontaj »

Same problem here about Google contact API.

Any update?
JoeFootball
Level 13
Level 13

Post by JoeFootball »

The repository that LM leverages for Evolution is maintained by Ubuntu, and given that it's an LTS codebase, I'd doubt that it's going to be updated.

I don't know of a PPA for Evolution, but the link that PaulAtreidis provided does have 3.42 available from the Ubuntu 22.04 repos, if you wanted to try that. I can't speak to its compatibility with the 20.04 codebase.

https://packages.ubuntu.com/jammy/evolution
lafontaj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lafontaj »

I have tried to install that version, but there is a dependency for libc6 newer than the one ship with Mint 20.3. I just step back.

Maybe i can try a flatpak version. But i think that the sandbox that come with that limit some feature of Evolution.

Thanks!
lafontaj
Level 1
Level 1

Post by lafontaj »

I finally install the flatpak version 3.42.3 (flatpak git) and as i expected, i was not able to reach my filesystem when printing an email to pdf file.

I did
sudo flatpak override org.gnome.Evolution --filesystem=/home/lafontaj

Now i can print to my home dir. But i can not access my network drive that are mounted in /media/nas1. I have to do it in two steps (Print and then move the file)

EDIT:
I install flatseal and ajust the access to all my filesystem.

Now working normally.

Return to “Software & Applications”