[SOLVED] Google install synaptic error

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Korbin44
Level 1
Level 1

[SOLVED] Google install synaptic error

Post by Korbin44 »

I thought I was doing the right thing following the steps to install google chrome. Creating a repo and it could be updated. However this is now what I get every time I install any thing from synaptic..
And now
Any advice greatly appreciated. This is the full output of the error code.
W: Target Packages (main/binary-amd64/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Packages (main/binary-all/Packages) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en_AU) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target Translations (main/i18n/Translation-en) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-amd64.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target DEP-11 (main/dep11/Components-all.yml) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-amd64) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
W: Target CNF (main/cnf/Commands-all) is configured multiple times in /etc/apt/sources.list.d/additional-repositories.list:1 and /etc/apt/sources.list.d/google-chrome.list:3
Last edited by LockBot on Sun Mar 26, 2023 10:00 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Re: Google install synaptic error

Post by RIH »

I believe that if you go to Software Sources from the Menu & look at the PPAs & Additional Sources tab that you will see that you have multiple occurrences of your attempt to add Google Chrome.
You need to delete all but 1 of these & update the Software Sources cache.
The issue should now be resolved..
all41
Level 19
Level 19

Post by all41 »

ss.png
Everything in life was difficult before it became easy.
Korbin44
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Korbin44 »

Messrs RIH & all41, it would seem you're the money men. Any thoughts, before I make a Cluster, well you know.
Thaks Guys
Korbin44
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Korbin44 »

My Bad Maintenance FixMerted List problems.
Thanks again
RIH
Level 9
Level 9

Post by RIH »

Don't worry about the Keys. You can have many of them for the same source.

I also have Chrome installed. It matches the first entry you have in the list.
I would suggest un-ticking the second google entry,
I believe that all will then be well...
Korbin44
Level 1
Level 1

Post by Korbin44 »

As you said I unchecked the top repo and now just have the one
Thanks RIH
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Can you make the pictures even more tiny? I can still guess some content. :mrgreen:

Return to “Software & Applications”