Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Todd Sauve
Level 4
Level 4

SOLVED Added True Type Fonts with Software Manager but they don't show up

Post by Todd Sauve »

Hi there, I added True Type Fonts with Software Manager but they don't show up in Linux Mint 21. Why is that? Is this a bug in mint or is there something I missed.
Grayfox
Level 4
Level 4

Re: SOLVED Added True Type Fonts with Software Manager but they don't show up

Post by Grayfox »

Can you try entering this command into a terminal and trying to see if those fonts get detected?
fc-cache -rv

It will force update the font cache.
PC: Intel i5 6600K @4.5Ghz, 1TB NVMe SSD, 32GiB 3000Mhz DDR4, GTX1080 running Mint 21
Laptop: Asus UM425UAZ running Mint 21
Todd Sauve
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Todd Sauve »

Thank you for responding. Yes, you were right. I needed to reinstall the Ttf fonts again. I did it through Synaptic manager. You would think Mint 21 would somehow make sure it installed everything correctly but that is not the case. A bit strange but there you go! Thank you once again! :D
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

No one said you needed to reinstall the fonts. What was said is that you needed to update the font cache. Your response seems to completely ignore the answer you were given.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Todd Sauve
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Todd Sauve »

Well I'll tell you Moem, I am a newbie so I have no idea what you are talking about. You might want to remember that when addressing people on this forum in the future. You SEEM to have a snotty attitude and I doubt the forum administrators admire that. FYI, I reinstalled the fonts before any answer was offered. But I came back to type SOLVED in the heading. And I gave a hearty THANK YOU to the person who offered help.

Now, if you want to we can start afresh and enjoy each other's company. :D
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

Todd Sauve wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:25 pm
You SEEM to have a snotty attitude and I doubt the forum administrators admire that.
Reminds me to this thread of the same "newbie": viewtopic.php?f=47&t=224874. Note the not so funny discussion with JosephM.
Gotcha!
Moem
Level 22
Level 22

Post by Moem »

Todd Sauve wrote:
Well I'll tell you Moem, I am a newbie so I have no idea what you are talking about.
I'll try again: you responded as if you were advised to reinstall the fonts, telling the person who replied "yes, you were right". But no such advice was given. That struck me as odd, is all. If that makes me seem snotty, well... I suppose I'll live with that. And I'm happy that you managed to solve your own problem.

By the way, if you're a newbie then so am I. You've been here since 2015, just like me.

If your issue is solved, kindly indicate that by editing the first post in the topic, and adding [SOLVED] to the title. Thanks!
Todd Sauve
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Todd Sauve »

Cosmo. wrote:
Fri Sep 30, 2022 3:36 pm
Todd Sauve wrote:
You SEEM to have a snotty attitude and I doubt the forum administrators admire that.
Reminds me to this thread of the same "newbie": viewtopic.php?f=47&t=224874. Note the not so funny discussion with JosephM.
Yes, that was six years ago and I was quite frustrated with the Mint distro at that point in time. Everything seemed to break it no matter what you did. Sorry that I offended you. You are much more experienced in Linux than I am. I spend almost all of my time in Windows 11.

But let us all start afresh, shall we?
Cosmo.
Level 24
Level 24

Post by Cosmo. »

The sentence by you, which I quoted above, does not give any motivation or belief in better experiences.
Gotcha!
Todd Sauve
Level 4
Level 4

Post by Todd Sauve »

Which sentence? This is getting to be lengthy, so why don't we let bygones be bygones and get along famously in the future?

We seem to rub each other the wrong way but I think we can get along if we stick to trying to get along? Eh?

Return to “Software & Applications”