TeamViewer7 not available in Mint13 32-bit?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DLWood

TeamViewer7 not available in Mint13 32-bit?

Post by DLWood »

I just installed the 32-bit Mint13 Maya Cinnamon in VirtualBox and when I went to add software to it, TeamViewer was not available in the Software Manager. So I updated Synaptic and it was not there either.

I burned the ISO to a DVD and booted on another computer in a LIve Session, and again, TeamViewer is not available to install. I'm sure that in previous issues of Linux Mint, TeamViewer was available from the package managers.

Do I have to enable another repo or something to have this available?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: TeamViewer7 not available in Mint13 32-bit?

Post by xenopeek »

No, TeamViewer has never been available from the repositories, that I know of (I looked at Linux Mint 11). You would download the 32 bit .deb file from here: https://www.teamviewer.com/en/download/ ... dAreaLinux Then double-click the downloaded file, or right-click and select to open with GDebi, to install.
DLWood

Re: TeamViewer7 not available in Mint13 32-bit?

Post by DLWood »

Thanks Vincent. Because Mint is so stable and easy to use, I put it on computers to replace Windows for seniors. I conduct TeamViewer sessions with them to train & fix things that get messed up. For the life of me I can't remember installing it manually; my recollection is via the Software Manager. Perhaps my last installation for a senior was Mint 10....can't remember.

I noticed on the TV website that they have a "portable" Linux version that requires no installation. I tried it and it does work, so I'll probably go with that option. I appreciate your response.

Return to “Software & Applications”