Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Jeff.
Level 1
Level 1

MonoDevelop

Post by Jeff. » Sat May 26, 2012 1:58 am

So i installed monodevelop on a friends laptop and ran a simple c# consol app no problems what so ever, Now i put it on my Lenovo laptop and I try to run/build any type of program and get the error "System.InvalidOperationException: File name has not been set"

Code: Select all

at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start_common (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo startInfo, System.Diagnostics.Process process) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at System.Diagnostics.Process.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ProcessWrapper.Start () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at (wrapper remoting-invoke-with-check) MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ProcessWrapper:Start ()
  at MonoDevelop.Platform.GnomePlatform.StartConsoleProcess (System.String command, System.String arguments, System.String workingDirectory, IDictionary`2 environmentVariables, System.String title, Boolean pauseWhenFinished) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Core.Execution.ProcessService.StartConsoleProcess (System.String command, System.String arguments, System.String workingDirectory, IDictionary`2 environmentVariables, IConsole console, System.EventHandler exited) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at MonoDevelop.Debugger.Soft.SoftDebuggerEngine+<CreateDebuggerStartInfo>c__AnonStorey1.<>m__6 (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Debugger.Soft.VirtualMachineManager.BeginLaunch (System.Diagnostics.ProcessStartInfo info, System.AsyncCallback callback, Mono.Debugger.Soft.LaunchOptions options) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Debugging.Soft.SoftDebuggerSession.StartLaunching (Mono.Debugging.Soft.SoftDebuggerStartInfo dsi) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Debugging.Soft.SoftDebuggerSession.OnRun (Mono.Debugging.Client.DebuggerStartInfo startInfo) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Mono.Debugging.Client.DebuggerSession+<Run>c__AnonStorey6.<>m__3 () [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
I have no idea what to do, I appreciate any help

karthaxx
Level 1
Level 1

Re: MonoDevelop

Post by karthaxx » Fri Jun 15, 2012 5:29 am

Install xterm, it is a dependency.

norttocs
Level 1
Level 1

Re: MonoDevelop

Post by norttocs » Sat Dec 22, 2012 6:37 pm

karthaxx wrote:Install xterm, it is a dependency.
Thank you VERY much.
This issue was really stumping me. :evil:
A great example of one of the problems that comes with linux (which I love)...who should take responsibility for that?
If it is a dependency (which, as you correctly point out, it is...) then shouldn't the installation of MonoDevelop have required it?
Where does the bug get filed? (my ignorance showing) Is it that the debian installation package that Mint is using is incomplete?
Or is something that gets fixed by the MonoDevelop project people?
Who do I report the issue to if I want to help?

Return to “Software & Applications”