[SOLVED] Error with Update Manager Mint 13 Maya

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
mintrampage

[SOLVED] Error with Update Manager Mint 13 Maya

Post by mintrampage »

Everything was working fine... i saw i needed some updates and got this update error.. i'm still learning .. not quite a beginner but not a master .. i attached a picture of the problem.. the error is this "

----

Extracting templates from packages: 100%
Preconfiguring packages ...
dpkg: error: parsing file '/var/lib/dpkg/available' near line 51671 package 'libecryptfs0':
duplicate value for `Package' field
W: Waited for dpkg --assert-multi-arch but it wasn't there - dpkgGo (10: No child processes)
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
A package failed to install. Trying to recover:

----

i haven't added anything ... and it's been updating fine... also can't open software manager...
update error.png
--
error in the terminal when i run apt-get upgrade
error2.png
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
mads

Re: Error with Update Manager Mint 13 Maya

Post by mads »

Open a terminal window, and run

Code: Select all

sudo dpkg --clear-avail && sudo apt-get update
mintrampage

{SOLVED} Re: Error with Update Manager Mint 13 Maya

Post by mintrampage »

Thank you so very much for your help... that command seemed to do the trick... thank you i've tried a bunch of suggestions from other places..

that worked right away ... now my update indicator has it's green check finally .. thanks to you.

sucess.png
mads

Re: [SOLVED] Error with Update Manager Mint 13 Maya

Post by mads »

Nothing is better than an update indicator lighting up in green with a check on it, lol.
Glad that it worked. :D
McGregor

Re: [SOLVED] Error with Update Manager Mint 13 Maya

Post by McGregor »

Hi. I cant get my mintupdate to work.

After some updates, it just close down when it start to download/install updates. I got 13 updates in list, and everytime I click to download and install updates it jumps to desktop. Its mintupdater 4.4.2.

It worket before, just strange tjat it dont want to update anymore. And yes. the SUDO passord works to write.

I' tried the commandline in post above without any help.

Return to “Software & Applications”