Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Basics
Level 1
Level 1

About Internet download manger

Post by Basics »

Is there a way that i can install Internet download manger in my linux mint 12 OS, or even if there is another software that works like internet download manger.And therfore integrate it self into any of the browers,and can download movies aswell as any other flies.Thank u

remoulder
Level 17
Level 17

Re: About Internet download manger

Post by remoulder »

Open Software manager and search for download manager.
[Edit] your original post and add [SOLVED] once your question is resolved.

“The people are my God” stressing the factor determining man’s destiny lies within man not in anything outside man, and thereby defining man as the dominator and remoulder of the world.

MarkLaw19
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MarkLaw19 »

To install IDM to your LM 12, first you must have WINE installed in your system. If not you install it first from Software Manager.

Then install IDM to your WINE by using the same method as you install it in Windows. Then after you finish installing it, run it. To integrate it to Firefox, install Flashgot plugin to your Firefox, go to https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q ... 9jFlXaMJxg to install it.

The next step is to enable firefox to make flashgot to be able to detect IDM from WINE. Open new tab and go to

Code: Select all

about:config
and click I'll be careful, I promise! button. Then in the search box type wine and press Enter. Double click on the entry flashgot.useWine to make it true. Close the browser and lauch it again.

Then you can set it up to use IDM each time you want to download stuff by navigating to Tools > FlashGot > More Options.

Alternatively, you can just install DownThemAll plugin to your browser as your download manager. Google it to install.
Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca MATE in Acer Aspire 4715z, Intel Dual Core 1.86Ghz, Intel Graphics 965 Express Chipset Family, 120GB Hard Disk

telcnas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by telcnas »

Please follow the following link for a detailed instruction on HOW TO : INSTALL INTERNET DOWNLOAD MANAGER AND ITS BEST POSSIBLE INTEGRATION WITH FIREFOX ON LINUX PLATFORM.

http://community.linuxmint.com/tutorial/view/1168

:D :D :D :D :D
अभयंसत्वसंशुद्धि........१६/१

MarkLaw19
Level 2
Level 2

Post by MarkLaw19 »

I don't know if you still needs answer for this, but here goes:

Lately there is an alternative for IDM for linux and its speed nearly matches the proprietary IDM speed! Its called FlareGet.

Click here to check it out or to download it.

I used it and its amazingly fast as IDM and furthermore, ITS FREE!

Its still in beta version so you might find some bugs when using it. Especially when you install it in Ubuntu OS, but it works fine in LM 13 Maya.
Linux Mint 17.1 Rebecca MATE in Acer Aspire 4715z, Intel Dual Core 1.86Ghz, Intel Graphics 965 Express Chipset Family, 120GB Hard Disk

Return to “Software & Applications”