Device Driver Manager - Help needed

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Schoelje

Re: Device Driver Manager - Help needed

Post by Schoelje »

phidias81 wrote:I installed it in Linux mint 14 mate 64 bit.
It recognized my ati Ati mobility Radeon 5470 on a Acer 3820tg, and apparently installed the drivers, but after reboot, I get x.org server error and I can't boot linux.
I have to say that I had the same problem also installing the driver manually.
When X doesn't start and you're left in tty:
Login as root

Code: Select all

mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
reboot
phidias81

Post by phidias81 »

Schoelje wrote:
phidias81 wrote:I installed it in Linux mint 14 mate 64 bit.
It recognized my ati Ati mobility Radeon 5470 on a Acer 3820tg, and apparently installed the drivers, but after reboot, I get x.org server error and I can't boot linux.
I have to say that I had the same problem also installing the driver manually.
When X doesn't start and you're left in tty:
Login as root

Code: Select all

mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
reboot
I tried, but it looks like this help me to boot linux, but not to install the driver, right?
Schoelje

Post by Schoelje »

phidias81 wrote:I tried, but it looks like this help me to boot linux, but not to install the driver, right?
That is correct, I'm afraid.
phidias81

Post by phidias81 »

I tried to install also the generic radeon driver with DDM, and I still have the same problem with xorg. Is it normal?
radeon - open source driver supporting all Radeon cards. This driver has excellent 2D acceleration and compatibility with the Linux graphics stack. 3D acceleration is sufficient for desktop effects and a nice set of native Linux games. Power management is now comparable to the Catalyst driver.
clem
Level 12
Level 12

Post by clem »

Hi everyone,

I'd like to thank Schoelje for the great work he's done on DDM. This project is no longer a Mint Community one, it's going upstream.

We're using DDM in LMDE itself and I'm sure we'll see DDM used in other Debian based distributions.

To continue to help and follow up on DDM, please visit https://github.com/Schoelje/device-driver-manager

Return to “Software & Applications”