Stop DBUS-daemon session <SOLVED>

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
DeRaza360

Stop DBUS-daemon session <SOLVED>

Post by DeRaza360 »

I was poking around for a solution to making my media keys work in Banshee, and found that starting up DBUS-daemon might fix it (it wasn't running on my system, meaning it isn't neccessary). This didn't work. I just set some keyboard shortcuts as a solution and went to end dbus-daemon.

Silly me, when trying to fix the media keys I ran the command in the terminal to automatically start dbus-daemon on startup, and now I believe that it's always going to be unneccessarily starting up. Anyway to deactivate it from automatically starting up?

Specs: 64 bit Linux Mint Maya
CPU~Dual core Intel Core i5 CPU M 460 (-HT-MCP-) clocked at Min:1199.000Mhz Max:2534.000Mhz Kernel~3.2.0-23-generic x86_64 Up~46 min Mem~1506.1/3819.6MB HDD~500.1GB(8.5% used) Procs~159 Client~Shell inxi~1.7.33

P.S. I already tried going into Administration>Services. It isn't listed there.

Edit: Turns out that If I stop it, everything goes whacky and I have to end up restarting my computer. This I'm okay with, however, it raises the question of how my computer ran without it beforehand and why it all of a sudden needs it now.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: Stop DBUS-daemon session <CONCULDED>

Post by xenopeek »

If you are using MATE, the solution to getting your media player to work with your media keys again is here: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.p ... 20#p630136
DeRaza360

Re: Stop DBUS-daemon session <CONCULDED>

Post by DeRaza360 »

Woah, that was very helpful (though I don't like having extra services running in the background. Oh well, you gain some, you lose some.) I praise you for assisting in a problem which I hadn't even requested help for. Fantastic. Thank you.

Return to “Software & Applications”