Opera showing unreadable characters

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
elwc

Opera showing unreadable characters

Post by elwc »

I've attached an image of my problem. When the webpage loads, I still can read those words. But after I scroll up and down it becomes box. I do not know if this was initially like that. But after I install some application it became like that. I tried removing them but still no hope.

I know the short answer is to use Firefox. But I would really like to use Opera.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
elwc

Re: Opera showing unreadable characters

Post by elwc »

The problem is because that webpage uses droid sans and Opera is rendering it as boxes. Anyone know how to fix droid sans?
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

That page renders fine for me in opera
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
elwc

Post by elwc »

00.png
Fresh install of Linux Mint 14 renders the font properly. After I installed font manager, and it became boxes. I uninstall font manager and sudo apt-get autoremove and not I can't revert. This is terrible!
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

I don't really fiddle with anything. It all works fine as it is. The fonts are great.
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
caf4926
Level 7
Level 7

Post by caf4926 »

After I installed font manager
What is this? Is it an Opera tool or part of the Mint/Debian avail packaging?
Linux Mint 21.1 Cinnamon
elwc

Post by elwc »

Although you did not actually solve my problem, but I want to thank you for your concern.

I've changed my blog to use Open Sans instead. I found out that Droid Sans rendering at 13px and below gives me problems. Enlarging the font to 14px and beyond solves the problem but makes my blog ugly.

Font Manager is found in synaptic by the way. Installed it with the intention to port windows font over.

Return to “Software & Applications”