Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
ashbekah
Level 1
Level 1

Mint 13 unable to update repository?

Post by ashbekah »

Hello all,
A few weeks ago I had to take my Dell laptop to a computer shop to have them put linux back on it after I accidentally deleted all the config files. :( Anyway when I got it back, anytime I try to update the linux mint 13 repository files I always get error messages that it can't update or whatever any of the translation software. Now my question is: do I really need it? I only ever use English. The rest of the software is completely up to date. If I do need it: how would I go about getting it, (maybe via terminal?) since the software updater doesn't seem to be able to do it. Any thoughts would be helpful.

Ash

Exact ones that won't download: Translation index, translation_en_us, and translation_en.
Last edited by ashbekah on Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

xenopeek
Level 24
Level 24

Re: Mint 13 unable to update repository?

Post by xenopeek »

You can ignore those messages about translations. If other repositories give warnings or errors, that is something to act on. Not the translations.

Jerry
Level 3
Level 3

Post by Jerry »

have you thought about going to Menu>Settings>Software Sources and then altering the server from the drop down menu?
May you have good thermals.

telcnas
Level 1
Level 1

Post by telcnas »

Please if possible copy & paste whatever error you are getting because if these are just transalation message as per @xenopeek comments you must just ignore it otherwise following are few possible solutions:

1. Synaptic Package Manager->Settings->Repository->Download From->Other->Select Best Server->Update Server & Try Updating again.

2. If problem persists say you are not getting updates from other repos as well....then you may:
a. Go to /var/lib/apt/lists/
b. Delete every single file (files having extension *.deb) and the partial folder (I mean to say every single file inside lists directory)
c. Start updating again either from synaptic pkgs manager or (sudo apt-get update from terminal)

Note: step 2 in case if and only if you are getting errors from other repos as well.......
अभयंसत्वसंशुद्धि........१६/१

Return to “Software & Applications”