evolution mail problem

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hhead
Level 3
Level 3

evolution mail problem

Post by hhead »

We were using evolution ( 2.30.2 ) mail on ubuntu12.04. It got corrupted first it kept saying it needed our server password but not accepting it then it would only take us into the new user wizard. We have an evolution backup from May 2012 we could use but would like to get our more recents emails and adresses back if possible. I installed mint 13 with the version of evolution that is installed with that version. It it possible to copy the .evolution/ files I have backed up into the new ~/.evolution folder or import them into thunderbird? I tried the following on 12.04 w/o success.

Code: Select all

evolution-addressbook-export --format=csv >contacts.csv
Any help appeciated ta.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
hhead
Level 3
Level 3

Re: evolution mail problem

Post by hhead »

I suppose this the above question is solved since we gave up and restored from our backup. Which worked except evolution kept asking us for the server login password and keyring password.

The keyring I seem to have solved by

sudo sed -i 's/gnome_keyring/mate_keyring/g' /etc/pam.d/*
(although I have not rebooted yet)

it will not stop asking for the server login though. How do I stop it doing this? PS it works its just annoying.

inxi -S
System:    Host: hol-desktop Kernel: 3.2.0-23-generic i686 (32 bit) Desktop: N/A Distro: Linux Mint 13 Maya

Return to “Software & Applications”