Help installing Java/Clickrepair

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
dx052

Help installing Java/Clickrepair

Post by dx052 »

I am trying to install the above (jave) with out much luck. I would like to install a program called Clickrepair which requires Java but I am not having much luck.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
nomko

Re: Help installing Java/Clickrepair

Post by nomko »

Did you retrieved the program from here: http://www.clickrepair.net/? I found this on the website:
On Linux platforms, it is possible that they need to be run from the command-line, eg, " java -cp ClickRepair.jar ClickRepair" once you have changed directory to the one containing the jar file.
I tried this command and it worked for me. But you mention that you don't have Java installed? To get Java, open a terminal and type the following command:

Code: Select all

sudo apt-get install openjdk-7-jre
Press Enter, type your password and follow the instructions given in the terminal.
dx052

Post by dx052 »

I believe i have installed Java with the help of your instructions, although I am not sure how to run the clickrepair prog with Java.
nomko

Post by nomko »

dx052 wrote:I believe i have installed Java with the help of your instructions, although I am not sure how to run the clickrepair prog with Java.
Read the quote i've got from their website. Read it carefully and you'll find the answer :wink:

Return to “Software & Applications”