nod32 install help

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
jh6932

nod32 install help

Post by jh6932 »

ok i figured this was the best place to post, basically im trying to install nod32 on 64 bit mint 14 nadia. i updated, installed the missing libc6? i thinik it was...i got the most gnarley xserver crash, and everytime i tried to load into my user account, i got the error the session lasted only 10 seconds...check x logs...well there where no logs at all when i clicked to check and i coudlt get into my desktop...now i just saw a read me with a tut on how to install, says leave terminal open? i didnt do that last time, but im scared to even try again...this has happened twice and with teh boot loader installed it has be h*ll trying to get everything back up...and as we all know, YES ANTIVIRUS IS REQUIRED for linux. if u think not, the most recent worm/remote admin tool/ root kit is called netwire, just google or go to some forums and see..it infects linux win mac and solaris..anyway yes any help with getting nod32 on mint 14 64 bit would be much appreciated, or how to test it out and not ruin my mint install. i have created a root account with sudo passwd root and entered new unix password and was all good...yes sorry for the long post
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
soldier1st

Re: nod32 install help

Post by soldier1st »

AV is not needed for Linux. The user is the weak link in security. No AV can fix/prevent that. The only possible use is if you deal with a ton of Windows stuff on Linux, but then, your better off with Windows in that scenario.
nomko

Post by nomko »

jh6932

Post by jh6932 »

ya know i really loved mint, but the way you treat IT security, and home desktop security is crazy....goahead and tell me then nomko, how does a java drive by work...ok dont click run app...wut about silent drive by which bypass secuirty feature...exploit came out 2days afte 7.11 update left 1 vuln open and hackers found it right away..or tell me how they backdoor pdfs with trojans..see where im going? for instance on the linux pendrive page, one of the iso burners is actually backdoored. nod32 offers a sandbox which can analyze suspicious programs before they run by checking the hex...and i didnt ask if linux needs av, your entitled to your own opinion, what im asking is for help, and to maybe help out seeing as how mint 14 is in my opinion the one of the better OS out there..i can teamviewer in a vbox and show the error and how i cant even get into failsafe mode becuz of it.

Return to “Software & Applications”