Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
donmatas
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby donmatas » Fri Feb 22, 2013 11:56 am

Hi

Does anyone know how to make Thunderbird icon appears in LM Cinnamon 13?

Best,
DM

User avatar
viking777
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby viking777 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 2:36 pm

As a guess you would use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon. On my system this is /usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png so mine would look like this;

Code: Select all

Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png


In actual fact mine just says

Code: Select all

Icon=thunderbird


And it works perfectly well, so you could try that as well.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

donmatas
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby donmatas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 1:29 pm

viking777 wrote:As a guess you would use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon. On my system this is /usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png so mine would look like this;

Code: Select all

Icon=/usr/share/pixmaps/thunderbird.png


In actual fact mine just says

Code: Select all

Icon=thunderbird


And it works perfectly well, so you could try that as well.


Thanks for your help. Regrettably, I do not get what are you suggesting me to do.

Best,
M

User avatar
viking777
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby viking777 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 2:04 pm

I'm asking you to

use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon


I have even shown you what the edit should look like when it is done. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that, so you will have to explain to me what is causing you the difficulty. It is probably just a language problem so don't worry about it, just tell me what you don't get.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

donmatas
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby donmatas » Sat Feb 23, 2013 4:15 pm

viking777 wrote:I'm asking you to

use a root text editor to edit /usr/share/applications/thunderbird.desktop and change the Icon line to the correct address of the TB icon


I have even shown you what the edit should look like when it is done. I don't know how to make it any clearer than that, so you will have to explain to me what is causing you the difficulty. It is probably just a language problem so don't worry about it, just tell me what you don't get.


Sorry. I have not explained my problem clearly enough. Is not the "icon" but the "icon in the panel" (systray?) what does not appear:
2.jpg
2.jpg (5.19 KiB) Viewed 510 times


Best,
DM

User avatar
viking777
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby viking777 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 5:24 am

Aha, that is a different matter. I will have a think about that and get back to you if I come up with something.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

User avatar
viking777
Level 14
Level 14
Posts: 5138
Joined: Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:21 am

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby viking777 » Sun Feb 24, 2013 7:17 am

Have you got the panel launchers applet enabled in the panel? Right click the panel and click 'Add applets to Panel' choose the 'Panel Launchers' applet. When this appears you only have to right click on any start menu item (such as thunderbird) and select 'Add to panel', it will then appear.
Fujitsu Lifebook AH532. Intel i5 processor, 6Gb ram, Intel HD3000 graphics, Intel Audio/wifi. Realtek RTL8111/8168B Ethernet.Lubuntu 13.10,Ubuntu12.10 (Unity), Mint16 (Cinnamon), Manjaro (Xfce).

donmatas
Level 2
Level 2
Posts: 87
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 9:48 pm

Re: Thunderbird icon in LM Cinnamon 13

Postby donmatas » Mon Feb 25, 2013 3:30 am

viking777 wrote:Have you got the panel launchers applet enabled in the panel? Right click the panel and click 'Add applets to Panel' choose the 'Panel Launchers' applet. When this appears you only have to right click on any start menu item (such as thunderbird) and select 'Add to panel', it will then appear.


Thanks Viking. What it does work was adding to Thunderbird the complement MinTrayR.

best,
M


Return to “Software & Applications”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests