Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
likiud

Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Post by likiud »

Hi

I just installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. Everything seems to work fine except for the time. The applet doesn't auto the time.

As you can see on the screenshot, the date/time app and the settings for the calendar is the correct time, but the time at the bottom left isn't. I can update to the current time by tabbing through the Calendar Settings Format options, but the time won't change itself, which is annoying.

Is there anyway to fix this, or a workaround to maybe use something different to display the clock? I an very inexperienced with Linux so minimal jargon is appreciated.

Thanks
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
sakkelaaksonen

Re: Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Post by sakkelaaksonen »

Could somebody from development reply to this? I have the exact same problem.

I changed the calendar format to display date & time only instead of week day names (referred to http://www.foragoodstrftime.com/ by clicking the "Generate your own formats" link in Calendar settings view.
After changing it, the clock and date stopped updating. Reverting to defaults did not fix this.

I don't know if this is related or not but earlier I also changed the weekdays to start from Monday.
This did not break the clock updating when I did it but I thought it might be worth mentioning since it does affect the calendar applet.
bourbon beat

Post by bourbon beat »

Could some one please reply to this? I'm having the same issue, and it's really irking me.
ahlulnugraha

Post by ahlulnugraha »

I had this problem too before, and fixed by untick internet time in Date and time setting then restart Cinnamon.
Clete2

Post by Clete2 »

I have the same problem, but I can't click "Unlock" in the Date & Time settings in order to toggle the "Network Time" slider.

Using cinnamon 2.2.14 (on Gentoo).

Return to “Software & Applications”