Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
likiud
Level 1
Level 1

Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Postby likiud » Sat Mar 23, 2013 7:23 pm

Hi

I just installed Linux Mint 14 Cinnamon. Everything seems to work fine except for the time. The applet doesn't auto the time.

As you can see on the screenshot, the date/time app and the settings for the calendar is the correct time, but the time at the bottom left isn't. I can update to the current time by tabbing through the Calendar Settings Format options, but the time won't change itself, which is annoying.

Is there anyway to fix this, or a workaround to maybe use something different to display the clock? I an very inexperienced with Linux so minimal jargon is appreciated.

Thanks
Attachments
2013-03-23.png

sakkelaaksonen
Level 1
Level 1

Re: Cinnamon Calendar Applet Doesn't auto update the time

Postby sakkelaaksonen » Tue Apr 02, 2013 6:15 am

Could somebody from development reply to this? I have the exact same problem.

I changed the calendar format to display date & time only instead of week day names (referred to http://www.foragoodstrftime.com/ by clicking the "Generate your own formats" link in Calendar settings view.
After changing it, the clock and date stopped updating. Reverting to defaults did not fix this.

I don't know if this is related or not but earlier I also changed the weekdays to start from Monday.
This did not break the clock updating when I did it but I thought it might be worth mentioning since it does affect the calendar applet.

bourbon beat
Level 1
Level 1

Postby bourbon beat » Fri May 10, 2013 9:30 am

Could some one please reply to this? I'm having the same issue, and it's really irking me.

ahlulnugraha
Level 1
Level 1

Postby ahlulnugraha » Sun May 12, 2013 10:03 am

I had this problem too before, and fixed by untick internet time in Date and time setting then restart Cinnamon.

Clete2
Level 1
Level 1

Postby Clete2 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:10 am

I have the same problem, but I can't click "Unlock" in the Date & Time settings in order to toggle the "Network Time" slider.

Using cinnamon 2.2.14 (on Gentoo).

Return to “Software & Applications”