Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
danman33
Level 1
Level 1

Youtube show more, and comments buttons dont work

Postby danman33 » Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:41 pm

I have linux mint 14 Nadia in cinnamon with firefox, and I am having trouble with youtube. The video loads fine, but none of the buttons in the comments work. I'm assuming this is a problem with the javascript. None of the buttons such as the "show more" button and the "see the comment" button or the "load more comments" button work. I have used chromium, and it works with youtube, and all the buttons. I do not want to switch to chromium, but youtube makes up a third of my web browsing and this is a big problem for me.

Thank you so much.

homerscousin
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Youtube show more, and comments buttons dont work

Postby homerscousin » Sat Apr 20, 2013 11:08 pm

What version of Firefox? I run 18. The only puzzling thing I notice is on some web pages and only very infrequently my up and down arrow keys(keyboard) quit working for scrolling a page. I know the you-tube buttons work for me. I have flash-block and ad-block installed. There must have been some default plugins with Firefox on my system. There are 8 total. I disabled all except the first--shockwave flash.
i5 3570k, ASRock z77 Extreme 4, 8 Gb Ripjaws 1600, Antec 430w psu, HVR 1600 tv tuner, custom case- marble top, oak face. Carver & DCM Time Window sound system. Mint 14 KDE.

Return to “Software & Applications”