Update tab missing in Software Sources

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
nostromo

Update tab missing in Software Sources

Post by nostromo »

I want to stick with Maya since its an LTS,Is there somewhere I can select only "Long term support versions",I cant find it in Software Sources....Thanks in advance

images is screenshot of Ubuntu and Maya software sources
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
TheDynamicHamza21
Level 5
Level 5

Re: Update tab missing in Software Sources

Post by TheDynamicHamza21 »

I'm not sure what you asking Mint will only have packages that are known to work in your version in the repositories. As well as Mint will only release updated packages when they have been tested work in your version. Unless you added a number of ppas to your software sources you should never receive anything that will comprise your system.

FYI :
Main packages are needed to keep you system up to date and secure.
Upstream packages come from Ubuntu which are safe as Main packages.
Imported packages ,as I understand it,mainly deal with libraries and applications for your specific Desktop Environment

You can see the what each repository contains here:
http://packages.linuxmint.com/list.php?release=Maya
Linux Registered User: # 573034

Hamza21.com
nostromo

Post by nostromo »

TheDynamicHamza21 wrote:I'm not sure what you asking Mint will only have packages that are known to work in your version in the repositories. As well as Mint will only release updated packages when they have been tested work in your version. Unless you added a number of ppas to your software sources you should never receive anything that will comprise your system.
So what your saying is,since I have an LTS installed I will not receive any update notification when a regular release comes along,and that I would only see the next LTS in April 2017?
I had 10.04 Lucid(LTS) installed,and had the option to upgrade every 18 months and/or either long term support,if you look at screenshot Ubuntu SS,updates tab and "notify me of a new Ubuntu version".
zerozero

Post by zerozero »

nostromo wrote:I want to stick with Maya since its an LTS,[...]I cant find it in Software Sources....Thanks in advance

images is screenshot of Ubuntu and Maya software sources
everything is as expected: mint doesn't provide or support in-place upgrades (actually neither ubuntu should do it if you see how bad they perform, but that is a different story)
nostromo

Post by nostromo »

zerozero wrote: mint doesn't provide or support in-place upgrades
I understand,...Thanks.

Return to “Software & Applications”