Deja-Dup - Settings module

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Oldbwl
Level 2
Level 2

Deja-Dup - Settings module

Post by Oldbwl »

Before upgrading to Mint 15 I did a /Home backup with Deja-Dup.

The Fresh install has gone fine and apart from a few minor issues with a couple of applets I am very pleased.

I installed Deja-Dup from the Software Manager to restore my files etc and hit a snag. Deja-Dup used to appear in the Menu in two parts, the running part ie that which commenced the Backup, and a Settings module from where you could schedule regular backups and Restore. In Ubuntu and in Mint 14 the configuration module appeared in the System Settings/Control panel. - Alas no more.

I recovered the files by making a launcher with the Command "Deja-Dup --restore", but now wish to set up scheduled backups for the existing setup. Any idea how I call the settings module?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Oldbwl
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Deja-Dup - Settings module

Post by Oldbwl »

Since no one sems to have an answer, I have created a Bug report at the Deja-Dup site.

Not sure however if it is a Cinnamon 15 bug or not, but may raise one there just to be sure.
Oldbwl
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Oldbwl »

Now here is something really weird. It works as planned now on one PC, it seems possibly a recent upgrade has already fixed the problem, I can now see the preferences in Menu
On another PC, nothing - in fact reinstalsl show neither module, but was able to create the launcher nonetheless

Deep joy, thanks for the efforts, it is useful information.
Mojo-m

Post by Mojo-m »

Thanks Jigglypuff, I was having the same issue and what you posted solved it.

Return to “Software & Applications”