Clipgrab Help

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Fookyfu

Clipgrab Help

Post by Fookyfu »

I'm looking to install Clipgrab . Clip grab was working fine when I was running mint 14, but now I'm running mint 15. I attempted using terminal with
"sudo add-apt-repository ppa:clipgrab-team/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install clipgrab"

No file could be found for install. Then I attempted downloading the file straight from clipgrab website but I can't open it because there is no application installed for executable files. Need some help on installing Clipgrab. Is there something I need to change in the terminal or what application do I need to run clipgrab? Thanks in advance.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Re: Clipgrab Help

Post by palo »

Looking at the PPA, Quantal was the last version that it was updated for - that would explain why it wouldn't install. Nice little app. At the bottom of this page see instructions for installing. HTH.

Pat
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:Looking at the PPA, Quantal was the last version that it was updated for - that would explain why it wouldn't install. Nice little app. At the bottom of this page see instructions for installing. HTH.

Pat
I follow the instruction on the bottom to make the file executable. When I double click on the file nothing happen.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Fookyfu wrote:I follow the instruction on the bottom to make the file executable. When I double click on the file nothing happen.
Just tried it - no problems. Did you adjust the permissions so you can read/write?

Pat
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:
Fookyfu wrote:I follow the instruction on the bottom to make the file executable. When I double click on the file nothing happen.
Just tried it - no problems. Did you adjust the permissions so you can read/write?

Pat
I adjusted for read and write. Still nothing.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

I don't know...maybe your file is corrupt. Start again by deleting all files you made. Download from the link in my post, extract to your home folder somewhere (like Downloads). Change permissions and make executable.

Pat
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:I don't know...maybe your file is corrupt. Start again by deleting all files you made. Download from the link in my post, extract to your home folder somewhere (like Downloads). Change permissions and make executable.

Pat
I attempted to reinstallation of mint 15 release version. Did all the above and it's still not running the program. Not sure what to do from here. Is there a command to execute the program in terminal? If so, what would be the command?
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Hmm...good idea you have to see what errors:
First change directory to the folder you extracted to - if Downloads...

Code: Select all

cd Downloads
Then...

./clipgrab-3.2.0.11
Pat
ps I see you did a reinstall of OS - be sure it is up-to-date (Update Manager).
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:Hmm...good idea you have to see what errors:
First change directory to the folder you extracted to - if Downloads...

cd Downloads
Then...

./clipgrab-3.2.0.11
Pat
ps I see you did a reinstall of OS - be sure it is up-to-date (Update Manager).
Odd, still didn't go through I got "./clipgrab-3.2.0.11: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error. I made sure i got everything spell correctly.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Fookyfu wrote:Odd, still didn't go through I got "./clipgrab-3.2.0.11: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error. I made sure i got everything spell correctly.
Very odd that I would have that installed but not you. Open Synaptic and click Reload. Open search and find libqtwebkit4 - install it (.so.4 is part of it).

Pat
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:
Fookyfu wrote:Odd, still didn't go through I got "./clipgrab-3.2.0.11: error while loading shared libraries: libQtWebKit.so.4: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory" error. I made sure i got everything spell correctly.
Very odd that I would have that installed but not you. Open Synaptic and click Reload. Open search and find libqtwebkit4 - install it (.so.4 is part of it).

Pat
When I went into synaptic, libqtwebkit4 was already install but did not see a .s0.4 version. install some different version of the webkit4. I got the file to open and i'm able to use it. The file didn't install like it normally does. I'm able to click the file and use clipgrab as intended.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

.so.4 is included...
libqtwebkit4.png
This is what I see in my Cinnamon 15 install (did not have to install anything extra to make Clipgrab work).
Fookyfu wrote: install some different version of the webkit4. I got the file to open and i'm able to use it.
What did you install to get it to work?
Are you using MATE?

Pat

Ps If it starts for you but some features are missing this list of dependencies may be helpful: ffmpeg libav-tools libogg0 libvorbis0a libstdc++6 libqtwebkit4 libqtgui4 libqtcore4 libqt4-xml libqt4-network libgcc1 libc6.
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:.so.4 is included...
libqtwebkit4.png
This is what I see in my Cinnamon 15 install (did not have to install anything extra to make Clipgrab work).
Fookyfu wrote: install some different version of the webkit4. I got the file to open and i'm able to use it.
What did you install to get it to work?
Are you using MATE?

Pat

Ps If it starts for you but some features are missing this list of dependencies may be helpful: ffmpeg libav-tools libogg0 libvorbis0a libstdc++6 libqtwebkit4 libqtgui4 libqtcore4 libqt4-xml libqt4-network libgcc1 libc6.
Yes I am using mate. I would tell you which version in synaptic. I have an issue with synaptic at the time. Once I get this issue resolve ill update.
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

The extra packages that I install was
libqtwebkit4 - perl
libqtwebkit4 :i386
libqtwebkit4 -dbg
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Fookyfu wrote:The extra packages that I install was
libqtwebkit4 - perl
libqtwebkit4 -dbg
Hi Fookyfu
Sorry it took so long to find the dependencies - searching the web gave no results but those I listed in my previous post I found in the PPA pkgs. I wonder if you install them whether you would need those extra packages you installed.

The only pkg I had to add was ffmpeg and that brought in the libav-tools and everything else was already present. Seems to be working fine...
[rimg]http://i.imgur.com/vGQEpQR.jpg[/rimg]

Pat
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

palo wrote:
Fookyfu wrote:The extra packages that I install was
libqtwebkit4 - perl
libqtwebkit4 -dbg
Hi Fookyfu
Sorry it took so long to find the dependencies - searching the web gave no results but those I listed in my previous post I found in the PPA pkgs. I wonder if you install them whether you would need those extra packages you installed.

The only pkg I had to add was ffmpeg and that brought in the libav-tools and everything else was already present. Seems to be working fine...
[rimg]http://i.imgur.com/vGQEpQR.jpg[/rimg]

Pat
All the packages you mention have already been install. I'm able to get video from clipgrab, but what I'm trying to do is just get the audio file. When I set to just mp3 only, the download finish and there is no file made or available for me to see where I have set it to save. When I download video files, it work as intended.
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

I found the packages I needed to be able automatically convert to mp3 "libavcodec-extra-53"

Thx for the help
Fookyfu

Post by Fookyfu »

ffmpeg is also important now for some odd reason.
palo
Level 4
Level 4

Post by palo »

Hi Fookyfu> I listed the dependencies you need several posts earlier. Make sure they are installed and you should have no further problems. Here they are again:
palo wrote:: ffmpeg libav-tools libogg0 libvorbis0a libstdc++6 libqtwebkit4 libqtgui4 libqtcore4 libqt4-xml libqt4-network libgcc1 libc6.
Pat

Return to “Software & Applications”