Wacom setting tool missing - Mint 15

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Biggy

Wacom setting tool missing - Mint 15

Post by Biggy »

Hi guys,

after Kubuntu and Ubuntu I felt in love with Linux Mint 15. Everything runs perfect (GTA IV, Dota 2, CS, Blender, etc.) but for my wacom tablet I'm missing the config tool. Here is like it looks like atm (see my attachments).
wacom_tool_miss.png
How can I bring it back? I tried already in dconf-editor some things - without luck.

The best solution for me is, when I can use the kde-wacom config tool in Linux Mint 15 with Cinnamon. (See my second attachment).
kde_wacom_tool_fail.jpg
Do you know how I can use the KDE API in Cinnamon?

Thanks.

Biggy
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Olson

Re: Wacom setting tool missing - Mint 15

Post by Olson »

I too am looking for the old settings tool that was in Mint 14. Where did it go? :(
Biggy

Post by Biggy »

Dear Devs,

I need this really for my job/earning money for a recent project.
Even my work around

xsetwacom set 16 Button 3 "key ctrl z"
xsetwacom set 16 Button 9 "key +space"
xsetwacom set 16 Button 8 "key +shift"
xsetwacom set 16 Button 1 "key +ctrl"
xsetwacom set 14 touch off

doesn't work in Mint 15.

Can you please help us?
Biggy

Post by Biggy »

Bump
Favux

Post by Favux »

Hi,

Don't have Mint 15 installled yet. But I gathered in the beta or rc it was noticed that it just wasn't the autostart for the Wacom configuration applet had been disabled as in 14 but the applet itself was missing. Although a lot of the supporting files were still present. I'm fairly sure someone asked the dev.s to add it back, having assumed it was inadertently left out. But maybe it is deliberate? This was on another thread.

Don't know why the Wacom and other applets from the Gnome Control panel would be left out. Some conflict with Mint software? Is it the Gnome shell version 8.10 control panel/applet?

Code: Select all

gnome-shell --version
If I'm corrrect then I guess either wait for the developers to add it through an update, if they are going to, or figure out how to complie it.
Favux

Post by Favux »

Looks like all the files are there and you just have to gedit the autostart file as before. See: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=208&t=117690&start=20&hilit=wacom If so that's simple enough.
albbrt
Level 1
Level 1

Post by albbrt »

I'm running Mint 15 Mate. I solved the same problem installing gnome-control-center. It has a wacom module.
In my case (Mate) I don't see it in the menus, but I can launch it from the command line. By editing gnome-wacom-panel.desktop in /usr/share/applications you can make it appear in the Preferences.

Return to “Software & Applications”