<SOLVED>How to install Granola on Linux Mint 15 "Olivia"

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
hlcp

<SOLVED>How to install Granola on Linux Mint 15 "Olivia"

Post by hlcp »

I have read topic: http://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=42&t=46521#p267992 and make as guided but step 3: "sudo apt-get update". -> It can't be updated. (error message unable to download). Help me!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: How to install Granola on Linux Mint 15 "Olivia"

Post by xenopeek »

Moved here from tutorials/howtos section. As noted in the rules there, please don't post support requests on the tutorials/howtos section :wink:

The link you shared is back from 2010 and that information isn't useful today. I recommend you undo the changes you made. After you have done that, the below steps will let you install it.

Granola has very bad support for Linux Mint, so you'll have to get your hands dirty a bit to get this work. The below instructions are for Granola personal edition, assuming you want that and not the enterprise edition. The below steps are specific to Linux Mint 14 and 15 (and as Granola doesn't actually support Linux Mint 15, we'll fake being Linux Mint 14).

Steps:
1) Add the repository (miserware) that has Granola with the following command. Provide your password when asked and note that typing a password on the terminal doesn't give you any visual feedback.

Code: Select all

echo deb https://download.miserware.com/linux/deb quantal main | sudo tee /etc/apt/sources.list.d/miserware.list
2) Add the repository authentication key with this command.

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 36FCD7AE11A8389C
3) Refresh your repositories.

apt update
4) Install the Granola graphical front-end:

apt install granola-gui
You should now be able to open Granola from your menu (it is in the Accessories category). Note that Granola doesn't work on virtual machines (on which I worked out the installation steps).
hlcp

Re: How to install Granola on Linux Mint 15 "Olivia"

Post by hlcp »

Thank you very much! I installed granolla successful. :D
xenopeek
Level 25
Level 25

Re: <SOLVED>How to install Granola on Linux Mint 15 "Olivia"

Post by xenopeek »

Awesome! Thanks for the feedback and for marking it solved.

Return to “Software & Applications”