Both NetBeans 7.0.1 and 7.3.1 will now work.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Obsidian

Both NetBeans 7.0.1 and 7.3.1 will now work.

Post by Obsidian »

Hello I am new to Linux and Mint is the first one I've used so far.

My problem is that I have tried to download Netbeans via Synaptic package manger and that was outdated, version 7.0.1, it opens fine but when I go "new project" it tell me to "Please wait" and I cannot continue any further.
So I tired to download version 7.3.1 from the site, It tells me warning could not install some modules and the gui locks up. What am I doing wrong?
I am using the latest version of Mint Linux with KDE if that makes any difference.

Thanks
- Obsidian
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
z1p101

Re: Both NetBeans 7.0.1 and 7.3.1 will now work.

Post by z1p101 »

Netbeans runs in the Java Runtime Enviroment (JRE) and technically does not have to be "installed". You can open a terminal and cd into the netbeans/bin directory that you unpacked and just type netbeans and it should start.

You also have to make sure you installed a java JDK first. You can install the openjdk using the package manager or install the oracle jdk which may work better using the [url=http://www.webupd8.org/2012/01/install-oracle-java-jdk-7-in-ubuntu-via.html]instructions here[/url].
MacCruiskeen

Post by MacCruiskeen »

I'm having exactly the same issue with Mint 15 and Netbeans. I had it set running fine (on an older laptop) with Mint 14. I've got openjdk installed. It just crashes with an error window saying various modules not found.
teatime

Post by teatime »

Netbeans needs the openjdk development files: openjdk-6-jdk (sudo apt-get install openjdk-6-jdk) as out of the box only openjdk-6-jre is installed and afterwards it should work.
MacCruiskeen

Post by MacCruiskeen »

Okay--I figured it out. The problem was that Netbeans wasn't looking in the right place for the JDK. I reinstalled, and made sure to check when it asked to select the Java folder. Now it works.
MacCruiskeen

Post by MacCruiskeen »

All right, I spoke too soon. Now when I try to start a new project, ithangs while loading the types of projects. Sigh.
Indunil

Post by Indunil »

When will it work Netbeans 8? :(

Return to “Software & Applications”