Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
laukce01
Level 3
Level 3

Burning Multiple Files to DVD

Post by laukce01 »

What software can i use to burn multiple seperate files onto 1 DVD?
aless80
Level 2
Level 2

Re: Burning Multiple Files to DVD

Post by aless80 »

Brasero or K3b , see also
http://linuxmintuser.wordpress.com/2012/01/22/burning-dvds-with-linux-mint/
Flemur
Level 19
Level 19

Post by Flemur »

brasero is very buggy and k3b is by far the best, tho you might have to install KDE stuff (not a big deal, just uses more disk space).
Please edit your original post title to include [SOLVED] if/when it is solved!
Your data and OS are backed up....right?
laukce01
Level 3
Level 3

Post by laukce01 »

I have multiple video files that I want to burn onto 1 DVD and then be able to watch on a DVD player connected to our TV. I used K3B, and it burnt the files onto DVD but when I popped the disk in the tv dvd player nothing happened. On the computer it just shows the individial files saved on the disk like I had on the hard drive.

How do you convert those files to individual iso images (using k3b) so that when accessing them on the tv dvd player you can select which video you want to watch? The k3b user interface isn't very intuitive and their website sucks as far as instructions. I didn't see any decent youtube videos explaining what I am trying to do either.

Does anybody know? Thanks!
cwsnyder
Level 6
Level 6

Post by cwsnyder »

You are actually looking at a DVD authoring system, and unless the DVD video files are not copy protected, illegal in the US and other countries.

Otherwise, you need the video files, not an .iso file ripped from the DVD.

One last concern: would it even FIT on a DVD, or are you copying normal DVDs to a Blu-Ray disk?
LMDE Mate 64-bit, LM17.3 Cinnamon 64-bit
Debian Mate 64-bit, Xubuntu xenial 64-bit, Ubuntu-Mate 14.04 64-bit, Antergos Xfce 64-bit, PCLinuxOS Mate 64-bit
laukce01
Level 3
Level 3

Post by laukce01 »

They're actually Youtube videos that I saved as .mp4 files. There are probably 8 videos in all and they total approx 4 Gig of so they should all fit on 1 DVD.

I want to be able to pop the DVD into a non-computer dvd player and select with video within the DVD to watch. The videos are not copy right protected as the author of the videos declares them as non-copyright protected and encourages people to make copies of his videos and hand them around.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

If I understand you well, you want to create video DVDs suitables for home players. Am I right?

If yes, have you tried with [url=http://www.devede.org/]DeVeDe[/url]?
DeVeDe is a free, open-source Video to DVD converter. It will transform various formats of video to a DVD Player playable video DVD, VideoCD, Super VideoCD, China VideoDisc, or DivX/MPEG-4 compliant image which it will then offer to start burning it. You can download DeVeDe for free and start converting AVI, MP4 and MPG to DVD now, no watermarks, no premium version
about

DeVeDe is a Video File to DVD Converter, which utilises Mencoder and FFMpeg to turn AVI, MP4, MPG and many other video files into DVD format images. This means that DeVeDe can proccess videos from digital cameras, YouTube videos, and downloads so that when burned to a DVD, they will play in a standard DVD Player.

[url=http://www.devede.org/about/]read more[/url]
(Both from [url]http://www.devede.org/[/url])
DeVeDe is a program to create video DVDs and CDs (VCD, sVCD or CVD), suitables for home players, from any number of video files, in any of the formats supported by Mplayer. The big advantage over other utilites is that it only needs Mplayer, Mencoder, FFMpeg, DVDAuthor, VCDImager and MKisofs (well, and Python, PyGTK and PyGlade), so its dependencies are really small.
([url]http://www.rastersoft.com/programas/devede.html[/url])

You should find DeVeDe in the repositories.

Oh and for some explanations on the operations, you can see here: [url]http://www.devede.org/operation/[/url]
K.I.S.S. ===> "Keep It Simple, Stupid"
"Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication." (Leonardo da Vinci)
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
Mark Phelps
Level 7
Level 7

Post by Mark Phelps »

A DVD player is looking for a filesystem with a specific set of directories and specific kinds of files -- not regular "video" files that you can play on a PC.

You have to use a DVD "authoring" app to transform a set of video files into that DVD file structure -- then, the DVD will be able to read the files.
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

Mark Phelps wrote:You have to use a DVD "authoring" app to transform a set of video files into that DVD file structure -- then, the DVD will be able to read the files.
Yes, hence DeVeDe... See my last post. :wink:
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Albert Einstein)
linuxviolin
Level 8
Level 8

Post by linuxviolin »

linuxviolin wrote:
Mark Phelps wrote:You have to use a DVD "authoring" app to transform a set of video files into that DVD file structure -- then, the DVD will be able to read the files.
Yes, hence DeVeDe... See my last post. :wink:
You have also DVDStyler and Bombono if you prefer...

Return to “Software & Applications”