Software instalation problem.

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Wazza20

Software instalation problem.

Post by Wazza20 »

First of all, hello everyone, my name is Sorin and i want to describe a problem that i'm having right now.
Lets start from the beggining. I've finished installing linux mint 15 olivia, after doing this, i've checked for new updates, I saw they were some updates ( 100+ mb ). I installed them, restarted the OS ( no problem here )...then i was starting to see something wierd like...i can't install ANY software ( games, programs ), instead of a successfully installed app i get this :

Code: Select all

Selecting previously unselected package libstdc++6-4.7-dev:amd64.
dpkg: unrecoverable fatal error, aborting:
 reading files list for package 'python-imaging': Input/output error
E: Sub-process /usr/bin/dpkg returned an error code (2)
When i say any app i mean like, ANY app ( docky or nexuiz, or...ANY SOFTWARE ).It doesn't matter if i install them from software manager or from terminal, it returns the same error all the time.

If you guys need some other info, feel free to ask .

L.E. : Really 55 views and no answer ?...lame ...

I'll try something on my own...if i wait a answer from here...its going to be a long time waiting...

L.E. 2 : Like i said i solved this on my own...just mv the corupt file and then reinstall it, it should solve the issue .

Thanks for nothing mint comunity, waited almost 1day and a half for an answer .
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Re: Software instalation problem.

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Wazza20.

Your first post, 3 in the morning on a Sunday. And no answer till 23:00. This is 20 hours, not 1.5 days. And this is on a weekend.
55 views just means 55 views, no more, no less. You know you have to read a post to find out whether you know the answer. So 55 people read your post and did not know the answer.
I do not see why this should permit you to call us lamers. For the future keep in mind that you might reap what you sow.

Lame regards,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Wazza20

Post by Wazza20 »

Ok maybe i did not calculate exactly how much time has gone from the first post. I did NOT call you guys lamers, i called the situation lame 'cuz no one has come with this simple answer to a SIMPLE,yet frustrating problem.
You said that it was weekend...? Really, so this support on the forum thing is a full time job and the weekend is your relaxing time...ok I understand. Anyways i solved my problem ( thinking a bit at it after a woke up ) . The OS is wonderful, i spend much time on it ( rarely i even boot to windows ), maybe someday i'll scrap my windows partition all together :) .

Cheers.

L.E. : Moderators can lock this thread if its necesary .
Last edited by Wazza20 on Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
karlchen
Level 23
Level 23

Post by karlchen »

Hello, Wazza20.

This is a "users help users" forum. So reading and answering is nobody's paid job. Those who write replies do so, because they are prepared to share their knowledge and because they like to help.
There is always the chance that a particular report / complaint / request slips attention, remains unanswered for whichever reason. There usually is no way of finding out why everybody else's posts receive replies, except your own.
During the weekend the timespan between a report / complaint / request and a reply may be longer than during other days, may be, need not be.

Anyway, just wished to explain that is unrelated to lazyness and badwill if a question does not receive a helpful answer quickly or not at all. It may be frustrating for the poster. On the one hand it is one of the not so pleasant downsides of a forum based on volunteers' work. On the other hand after a while in this forum you may see that people do try to help. So posting in the Mint forum is not a waste of time. - Having made my point, I'll simply stop here.

Cheers,
Karl
The people of Alderaan have been bravely fighting back the clone warriors sent out by the unscrupulous Sith Lord Palpatine for 792 days now.
Lifeline
Wazza20

Post by Wazza20 »

"Really, so this support on the forum thing is a full time job and the weekend is your relaxing time...ok I understand" - This was a little joke :) . Anyways next time i'll wait some more before i jump to conclusions. If anyone needs the specific commands on how do i did solve this problem, send me a pm .

BTW, seeing that you have a lot of posts/messages can you pass a word from me to the admin of this forum ? Remake the logo with sharp mode it will look better.
I missed these smileys from phpbb :D . Great platform :P .

Cheers .

Return to “Software & Applications”