Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
wpshooter
Level 5
Level 5

strange behavior of Evolution email application

Post by wpshooter » Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:57 pm

Several months ago I had created some subfolders / directories / under my INBOX in my Evolution email program to use to hold/store some emails that I wanted to make sure that I retained and would not accidentally delete them.

Subsequently, some days later when I went into Evolution those subfolders and their contents under the INBOX were GONE - I could find no trace of them.

Then today (several months later) when I went to poll for incoming and outgoing mail, I received an error from the Evolution application saying that it could not perform the operation. Then after going into and out of Evolution several times, guess what shows up - my missing subfolders and their contents.

What is going on here !!!!

Thanks.

martinofmoscow
Level 1
Level 1

Re: strange behavior of Evolution email application

Post by martinofmoscow » Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:56 am

Are they local folders or IMAP folders? If they're IMAP folders they're located on your mail server, and seeing them in your mail client will depend on whether or not you are 'subscribed' to them.

If these are local folders I'm afraid I don't know.

Martin.

wpshooter
Level 5
Level 5

Post by wpshooter » Sat Sep 28, 2013 7:10 am

They are local folders, I would have no way of putting them on Verizon's servers.

Thanks.

martinofmoscow
Level 1
Level 1

Post by martinofmoscow » Sat Sep 28, 2013 10:03 am

wpshooter wrote:They are local folders, I would have no way of putting them on Verizon's servers.

Thanks.
The way you would do that is simply by dragging and dropping in your email client. In many ways you wouldn't necessarily know that you were copying messages and folders to and from an IMAP service, which behaves just like local email folders would, but if you're certain these are local folders I don't have any suggestions.

Return to “Software & Applications”