Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
LadyH
Level 1
Level 1

Daryna won't let me log out!

Postby LadyH » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:21 am

So I'm logged in to Daryna, doing my stuff, have finished and I want to log out. However, when I click on "Daryna" and select the "quit" option on the menu, nothing happens. It's like I didn't click on anything at all. I still have full functionality and stuff, but I can't log out.

This is a moderately persistent problem. Sometimes I can click on "quit" and be taken to the dialogue box first time. Other times, it's a good five minutes of clicking before the sucker will pop up, and then there's times when it won't pop up at all, and that's when I have to shut down the computer entirely.

I tried "logout" in a command window, but that didn't work. (Yes, I can initiate shutdown, but I don't want to shut down, I just want to log off."

A browse through the forums showed that at least one other person had the same problem (but no solution was posted).

Questions:

1. Is there an existing hotkey combination that will bring up the quit dialogue box?

2. If there isn't, can I set up a hotkey? (My browse through the forums showed that setting up hotkeys to do stuff, like launch OpenOffice, is possible. Does this work for the logout command?

eeezzzeee
Level 3
Level 3

Re: Daryna won't let me log out!

Postby eeezzzeee » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:29 am

You can try ctrl + alt + backspace, That will restart X. I think I remember having to do that once or twice with daryna.

Here is a link to some things you can try-

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=9997
"If it's stupid and it works.... it's not stupid"

Return to “Software & Applications”