[Help] Sudo, Truecrypt and synaptic

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
Zenxos

[Help] Sudo, Truecrypt and synaptic

Post by Zenxos »

I have Two problems where same soluton used in another distro does not work here.

I use truecrypt and already have passwords on the volumes. But Truecrypt asks for the sudo password everytime I want to mount a volume.

I have kids and let them use synaptic to install programs but would rather they not know the root password to do other things.

I was able to accomplish both of these from /etc/sudoers in another distro, but have tried numerous combinations of the same lines in Mint as my family is looking to change distros for the kids).

None of these solutions work in mint. Synaptic always asks for the sudo password whe starting and truecrypt always asks when mounting.

I eliminated these in the other distro by making these programs excepted in sudoers.

Code: Select all

%sudo	ALL=(ALL) ALL, NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/synaptic
%users	ALL=(ALL) ALL, NOPASSWD: /usr/sbin/synaptic
# create a truecrypt group and add users to this group as needed.
%truecrypt	ALL=(ALL) ALL, NOPASSWD: /usr/bin/truecrypt
None of these are helping here...

I am using Mint 15 Mate!
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
rick0612

Re: [Help] Sudo, Truecrypt and synaptic

Post by rick0612 »

Zenos,

I'm having the same problem with truecrypt using Mint 15 KDE and Mint 16 KDE. Again, all kinds of lines in visudo don't work here either. For some reason Mint ignores the visudo file. Seems noone here is interested. Perhaps someone on Linuxforums will know.
Will post back here if I hear anything.

Rick.

Return to “Software & Applications”