How do I reconfigure GhostScript gs?

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
RavenLX

How do I reconfigure GhostScript gs?

Post by RavenLX »

I was reading the man pages and was going to list the devices available to ghostscript. I misread and did this:

gs devicenames ==

Of course that didn't do anything but an error. Then I realized I was supposed to run gs like a program and then type in devicenames == which gave me the names.

However, now gs is fubar. I can't do what I want without it giving the same error (which it didn't used to do that before).

Example:

Code: Select all

gs -sDEVICE=pdfwrite -dCompatibilityLevel=1.4 -dPDFSETTINGS=/screen -dNOPAUSE -dQUIET -dBATCH -sOutputFile=MyPDFFile-New.pdf MyPDFFile.pdf
Now this is run in the same directory that MyPDFFile.pdf is in so it does exist and I was sure to type it exactly (matching upper and lower case). However, I get this:

Code: Select all

Error: /undefinedfilename in (MyPDFFile.pdf)
Operand stack:

Execution stack:
   %interp_exit   .runexec2   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   2   %stopped_push   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   --nostringval--   false   1   %stopped_push
Dictionary stack:
   --dict:1169/1684(ro)(G)--   --dict:0/20(G)--   --dict:77/200(L)--
Current allocation mode is local
Last OS error: No such file or directory
GPL Ghostscript 9.06: Unrecoverable error, exit code 1
What is going on? It worked before...

Can someone tell me how to reset the configuration so it will work again?

Thanks.
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
RavenLX

Re: How do I reconfigure GhostScript gs?

Post by RavenLX »

Update: This happens with pdf2ps as well.

Return to “Software & Applications”