Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post please read how to get help
Ryu945
Level 2
Level 2

Moving Firefox Add ons from Mint

Post by Ryu945 »

I want to install all the default plugins , appearances and extension of the firefox that comes with mint 16 XFCE into another firefox browser. I can not find all of them though on the internet. Is there a list of anywhere of of everything source so I can install them in another firefox browser?
XFCE-17.3 64 Bit
According to Keith Chuvala, who manages Space Operations Computing for NASA, "We migrated key functions from Windows to Linux because we needed an operating system that was stable and reliable-one that would give us in-house control.

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Re: Moving Firefox Add ons from Mint

Post by WharfRat »

Ryu945 wrote:I want to install all the default plugins , appearances and extension of the firefox that comes with mint 16 XFCE into another firefox browser. I can not find all of them though on the internet. Is there a list of anywhere of of everything source so I can install them in another firefox browser?
In your home folder you have a subfolder .mozilla/. That's where all of firefox's settings are located. You can copy that folder to the other browser location with cp -a.

Code: Select all

cp -a ~/.mozilla/ /other/location/.mozilla/
Good luck :wink:
ImageImage

mbohets
Level 2
Level 2

Post by mbohets »

You can also use Firefox sync
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/fi ... s-with-you
I use it to have the same firefox appearance and bookmarks on different computers.
Je suis Charlie, how many more people have to die for religion

Ryu945
Level 2
Level 2

Post by Ryu945 »

I should clarify. The firefox I am moving into has a lot of preconfiguration done to it so I don't want to lose what is installed into it either.
XFCE-17.3 64 Bit
According to Keith Chuvala, who manages Space Operations Computing for NASA, "We migrated key functions from Windows to Linux because we needed an operating system that was stable and reliable-one that would give us in-house control.

WharfRat
Level 21
Level 21

Post by WharfRat »

Ryu945 wrote:I should clarify. The firefox I am moving into has a lot of preconfiguration done to it so I don't want to lose what is installed into it either.
I've never picked individual plugins etc. to transfer, but try rsync. It should sync the old location with the new.
ImageImage

jahid
Level 6
Level 6

Post by jahid »

copy .mozilla as stated by WharfRat
copy ~/.cache/mozilla into new .cache directory.
that's all.
jahid@HP ProBook 440 G1 Laptop

Return to “Software & Applications”