GimPhoto 1.4.3 Linux release - free Photoshop alternative

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Re: GimPhoto 1.4.3 Linux release - free Photoshop alternative

Post by donec »

What is the difference between Gimphoto and GimpShop other than the name?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
donec
Level 4
Level 4

Post by donec »

zenith wrote:donec,
Gimpshop is based on old GIMP 2.2 with standard plugins, no additional plugins and afaik no further development since first release.
GimPhoto is based on new GIMP 2.4 and packed with more than 20 additional plugins, still actively developed and already done 3 time release (under Windows) and this version is the first release for Linux.
Ok what is the difference between GimPhoto for Linux users compared to GIMP? When GimpShop came out it successfully answered a difficulty Windows users had with the use of multiple windows for one program. This did not work for Linux so effectively there was no difference to GIMP.
Don
http://bestwebstop.webcentr.net
Links and accurate information provide the best answer, while garbage in provides garbage out.ImageRegistered Linux user # 449322
Moved up to LM17 KDE
nelamvr6
Level 4
Level 4

Post by nelamvr6 »

Hmmm...

Having some of those PS plugins would be handy, I especially like the idea of having the Save for web function. That was downright handy...

I'll check it out. Thanks for the tip!
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

I don't get this!
This does NOTHING that you can't achieve yourself after 5 minutes with the Gimp... :shock: :evil: :lol: :cry:
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
Zwopper
Level 10
Level 10

Post by Zwopper »

zenith wrote:hi zwopper,
nice to meet you, thank's for your comments (^__^)/

but ever you try to do color separation or do photo noise reduction for prepare it before printing process using GIMP?
Yes I do!
I rely a lot on http://registry.gimp.org/list_content - for useful plugins, as well as DeviantArt.
Photoshop brushes and filters work fine in Gimp by default as well, so I don't see the need for this, sorry... :|

What you could do is to team up with Pavel Kanzelsberger who has made Pixel and make that a stable photoshop clone for those who wants that, me - I'm happy with the Gimp!
Pixel's tag line is: "RGB, CMYK and HDR image editing and photo retouching for Windows, Mac OSX, Linux and others."
And he goes on: "Pixel is a RGB, CMYK and HDR image editing, photo retouching, graphics manipulating and animation program available for many operating systems formerly known as Pixel32. It is available for Windows, Linux, Linspire, MacOSX, BeOS, Zeta, QNX, MorphOS, FreeBSD, eComStation, OS/2, SkyOS and even old plain DOS, for both x86 and PowerPC architectures." Image (<---Click image to go to Pixel image editor site!)
My artwork at deviantART | My Band - Electric Alchemea
CREA DIEM!

Lenovo U330P | i5 | 16GB | 128GB - SSD | Elemantary OS 0.4
lakehousetech
Level 4
Level 4

Post by lakehousetech »

Zwopper wrote:I don't get this!
This does NOTHING that you can't achieve yourself after 5 minutes with the Gimp... :shock: :evil: :lol: :cry:
confused? Where do you find awesomely ridiculous pictures like this? LOL!

Return to “Software & Applications”