Can Uget download videos from various sites like youtube

Questions about applications and software
Forum rules
Before you post read how to get help. Topics in this forum are automatically closed 6 months after creation.
irfanhrt

Can Uget download videos from various sites like youtube

Post by irfanhrt »

I am using Uget 1.8.0 in my Linux Mint. I found somwhere that Uget can download videos from Youtube and various other sites? But I couldn't find any option to do so in Uget. So i want to clear my doubt that whether Uget can download Videos from those websites? If Yes how to do that?
Last edited by LockBot on Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic automatically closed 6 months after creation. New replies are no longer allowed.
viking777

Re: Can Uget download videos from various sites like youtub

Post by viking777 »

Firstly let me make it clear that downloading You Tube videos is a breach of their terms and condition:
- You agree not to access Content through any technology or means other than the video playback pages of the Service itself, the Embeddable Player, or other explicitly authorized means YouTube may designate.
But there is this exception:
You shall not download any Content unless you see a “download” or similar link displayed by YouTube on the Service for that Content.
So as I have brought that to your attention, I trust that you will only be downloading videos that contain a 'Download' link, otherwise we could not discuss it here.

Now as for your question, although I haven't used Uget myself, it does apparently work for downloading You Tube videos providing you have the FlashGot addon in your browser http://flashgot.net/ so maybe you need both.

Return to “Software & Applications”